Monday, September 28, 2009

DREAM 9.28.09: Hidden Architect

I'm flying inside a shopping mall by doors to administrative offices; there's a door about 15 feet off the ground, near the ceiling. I fly up to it and peer inside an architect’s office. A secretary approaches saying, “Uh oh, you know what happens now, don’t you?” She means I got up here but can’t get down. Mall maintenance must come with a ladder. I say, “No, of course not…” and let go of the door jam. I drop a bit but swoop up and fly away. She is shocked.
Now, outside the mall I watch the architect park his car, and enter his office through a secret panel by the ground. I fly up to the office and look in the windows at a sprawling space housing a scale model of London. He invites me in. In the model, there are two of everything, next to each other. He explains it has to do with perspective, with looking at it just right so that things line up. I'm confused; he says there is a way of looking that I don't understand yet. I try different ways and finally try squinting. Suddenly, I see it: a kind of magical hyper-real way of seeing which gives the impression that I can almost see totally around each object!

No comments: